Through this workshop, we will identify the biggest pain-points around making business connections and how to get professionals to take you seriously. Oftentimes, entrepreneurs believe that networking is important, IT IS. In order to most effectively network, you first must understand how to connect with them beyond simply getting a business card.
This will cover the importance of building connections both in-person and also online.
– How to maximize all of your networking opportunities.
– How to invest in the “emotional/relationship bank account”.
– How-to and best practices around connecting online. (E.g. Via LinkedIn)
– How to avoid the awkward moments when attending an event/workshop/networking session.
– How to avoid “burning bridges” when it comes to your business relationships.
– How to establish mentorship relationships and maintain them.
Should you have any accessibility needs or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed, and give permission to the hosting organizations to use your image in promotional and/or marketing materials. If you’re unable to attend any of our events please take a minute and cancel your ticket. This allows our events team to better prepare for every event.
The work of Dal Innovates is made possible by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Mitacs, Springboard Atlantic, and with support from our corporate partners.